Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Guest Bed

Welcome Back!

I have been on vacation and just got home with a cold. YUK! Some would not call going to Michigan a vacation, but when it is where you grew up and where all your important peeps are, then it is a vacation.

We normally split our time between my parents and one of my friends house, but this time we stayed down south (Detroit area). We stayed with a childhood friend of my husbands and visited his aunts and close friends.

Bed - a piece of furniture on or in which to lie and sleep; a mattress filled with soft material; a flat or level surface
While it is VERY generous of people to let you stay with them for a week would it be waaaay to much to ask to have a decent guest bed in a room that is somewhat cooler than say your oven??? I know mattresses are not cheap, but you can get a decent one for not too much money. Is it that you outgrew the bed and threw it in the guest room? It was uncomfortable for you every night, but good enough for guests? given to you by somebody else that was getting rid of it because it was way past its prime? free by the side of the road?

Should people take it as a sign that you didn't really want them to stay? or that more than one night is too much to be a guest?

Either way, with the exception of the two nights I stayed at my parents, I did not sleep for the week we were gone. I cannot remember a time that I have been more excited to come home and get into my bed.

Of course, I am a little more high maintenance because I am almost 6 months pregnant, it awful to not have a good place to sleep at night. It really does set the course for the rest of your day ahead and needless to say mine were not as pleasant as they could have been.

Oh well, we are home and well rested in very comfortable beds with AC on full blast. Hope everybody enjoys their summer vacation in a perfectly comfortable bed:-)

No comments: