Monday, February 9, 2009

What do you Believe?

I am embarrassed to say, but we haven't been to church in a few weeks. It makes me so mad when I don't go. Because once I am there, there is no place I would rather be. We actually missed part One of this series of sermons, but found this one amazing.

Where to Get Help When You Hurt - The Road To Recovery - Part Two.

Quite honestly I wasnt sure if I would make it through the whole service without having a complete breakdown, but I did. Well I did both, break down and make it through.

As Pastor Ralph started in the service I wasn't sure where I could fit this in to my road to recovery. Was it going to make me rethink how I have gotten here or cause me to relive it all and have to start over again?

Hebrews 11:6
6And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God(A) must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

What he told us is that we MUST believe in God. He asked a crazy question of the congregation, "Do you REALLY believe in God?" Wow, what a question to be asked in church on Sunday morning service. Interesting to me, because I cannot relay to you how many times since we have lost Walker that I have had that question. Maybe not exactly that question, but close. When you are in so much pain you cannot believe that a loving God would want this for us. That He would allow such horrible things to happen to us that love and worship Him.

Step 2 - We have to earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help us recover from pain.

What Ralph said was that we can't pray to God if we don't truly believe He exists. That we will not receive the rewards of our prayers if we are praying to someone we don't even believe in.

I had to overcome my extreme anger with God, before I could truly pray to Him. I acknowledge that He exists and that He knows and cares about me and my situation.

I need to realize that I am not in control of my life, He is. I need to accept God's offer to help me.
Believe you me, I need His help. My life has never felt so out of my control. That must be my sign, my sign to hand over my life and my problems along with my praise and worship to God.

Lord, today I lay my heartache and pain into your hands. Please help me find a peaceful path.

Recently, I have read some sad stories of families losing their children to an array of reasons. It is horribly sad. We should never had to live without our children. It doesn't seem like the right path, but God has chosen this path for us. We are living the life he designed for us. God bless us all! We will see our loved ones in eternity.

No comments: