Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hysteroscopy

No, I am not sure how to correctly pronounce it. I did have it performed yesterday though. It was not even close to being as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, maybe it was the drugs. First let me tell you, I will NEVER be a prescription drug addict. How in the world do people like the feeling those drugs give you? YUK!

I took a valium, 4 ibuprofen and 2 Loritab an hour before the procedure. A shot of Toridol when I got there and I was good to go. The procedure was very quick and pretty interesting. I watched the whole thing, which for anybody that knows me is a miracle. I usually don't want to see ANYTHING.

The worse part was the shots (3 or 4) to numb my cervix. Once that was done I felt nothing. I did get to see the inside of my uterus and the openings of my fallopian tubes. Everything looked great, according to the doctor. There was some old tissue at the top of my uterus (fundus). It is called scar tissue, but is is just old tissue. So they cut it off! Yep, cut and I watched the whole thing.

Underneath, nice pink tissue. Exactly what they wanted to see. YEA!! I was prepared for bad cramping and being uncomfortable, but I have not had anything. Small, small period type cramping is all.

My day 3 blood tests came back. They were an improvement than they were a year ago. I will give that credit to my acupunturist! FSH was 8.67 down from 12.5 and estridol was 40, which under 50 is great. YEA! Seeing some progress.

What did happen was that the drugs kicked my tail! I was still groggy today and not really able to concentrate very well. I feel better now, but wow, drugs are BAD. Stay away from them people.

Say NO to drugs!

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Glad that's over! I'm so impressed that you watched them cut out the tissue. I am shivering just thinking about it. That getting through the cervix part was the worst for me too. But I didn't have any numbing shots or have to be cut up.
~~HUGS~~

Lee-Ellen said...

I'm glad everything went well and looks good! That's great news!